MySMPS User Agreement
SMPS created this Community Network to be a safe, comfortable, and productive environment in which members can connect, work and learn together. To ensure this, SMPS asks each participant to agree to the following conditions for participation:
- I will behave responsibly and respectfully towards all members of this community, respecting their values and viewpoints as well as their rights and feelings.
- I will work with other community members to ensure that the community remains welcoming to new participants and ideas and embraces diversity.
- I will work with my fellow members to deliberate and make equitable decisions. I will do my best to see that every decision-making process includes reasonable representation of those who are directly affected by its outcome.
- Acknowledging that differences of opinion and conflict undoubtedly will occur, I agree to resolve conflict constructively.
- I understand that every member of this community is entering into this same agreement and that we all have a stake in seeing that it is observed and enforced.
- I acknowledge that, if a duly authorized body of my peers concludes I have repeatedly and willfully violated this agreement, my rights to participate in this community can be suspended or terminated.
- I will create communities and blogs that are relevant to and pertain to the business of the Society or the practice of professional services marketing.
- I will refrain from promoting my products or services (or those of my firm) in this community. Only SMPS and its chartered chapters may post promotional information for SMPS events, products, and services that are relevant to community members.
- I will not post commercial offers or promotions in this community.
- I will not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- By posting material on this site, I warrant and represent that I own the copyright for the material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, I grant SMPS and community members the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
To ensure the integrity of the Community Network, SMPS will:
- Pre-approve all groups established in the Community Network.
- Remove any community, group, blog, or individual that is in violation of community rules, at its discretion at any time.
- Remove from the community any individual who is spamming the Community Network.
- Remove without notification any community, group, or blog after a year of inactivity.
- Change privacy settings for chapter communities, groups, or blogs to ensure that the material presented remains private for these groups.
The MySMPS Community is provided as a service of the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS). SMPS accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by others. In no event shall SMPS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted in this community.
Information should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or through implication leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market share, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
In the event that any inappropriate posting comes to SMPS’s attention, SMPS will take all appropriate action.
SMPS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
In exchange for access to the information in SMPS’s Membership Directory (found here in MySMPS), all users must agree to the following terms and conditions contained in this non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license agreement. Please read this agreement carefully before accessing the directory. By accessing the directory online, you hereby accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
The directory and its contents are proprietary products of the Society for Marketing Professional Services. The directory is intended primarily for use by members as a means to contact their fellow professionals.
The contents of this directory may not, in whole or part, be reproduced, copied, disseminated, or entered into a computer database for the purpose of marketing a product or service to the individuals and companies listed in the directory. The listing of any individual or firm in the directory does not represent their consent to receive any marketing or related information. This prohibition against use of the directory for marketing purposes extends to all individuals and companies, regardless of membership status in SMPS.
SMPS reserves the right from time-to-time to rent its member list for one time use only. Lists do not include email addresses.
While members of the Society for Marketing Professional Services and their firms are listed in the directory, SMPS is not responsible for examining or evaluating the products and services offered, nor does it warrant the products or services of any of these businesses or individuals or the content of their web sites.
For More Information
Contact Julio Santos at SMPS Headquarters at 1.703.549.6117, x230, or firstname.lastname@example.org.